Wednesday 20 November 2013

Imran Khan : I believe acting is like exercising

Excited about his new film Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, the honey-eyed Khan spoke to us extensively about being paired with Kareena Kapoor Khan once again and how he is learning more about his craft with new projects coming his way…

Check out the entire interview regarding Imran Khan:
Imran Khan walks into the room holding a plastic plate. The freshly steamed sweet potatoes, the baked tuna fish and a couple of sticks of steamed asparagus that are his lunch make the hot samosas in a bowl on the side-table look like manna from culinary heaven. The 30-year-old actor looks long and hard at the fried snacks, shakes his head in disapproval and whips out a fork and a spoon from his bag before digging in to his specially designed healthy diet. He is on a strict regimen that demands him to be careful with what he eats. So as we enjoy a cup of coffee with the delightful samosas while sitting in the Dharma Productions office, Imran talks about the soon-to-release Gori Tere Pyaar Mein in between bites of his gourmet feast….

Our secret birdie tells us that you were not particularly excited about the role you are playing in Gori Tere Pyaar Mein when you first read the script. Is that right?

No. Actually, I did not like the second half the movie. I loved the first half. While reading the script, suddenly I realised that Punit Malhotra’s film moves from a happy rom-com kind of space to a village. I had apprehensions about that sudden switch. But Punit was adamant about what he wanted. I made him do two more drafts to see if he could come up with something else, but still I wasn’t kicked about the second half. And then Punit called me one day and said that he had made one more draft and wanted me to read it again. This time, I realised that I was settling for less in the beginning. I wanted the film to be one more I Hate Love Stories kind of film, but Punit wanted more layers to the story. He wanted more emotions and he was insisting on that. Finally, I agreed with Punit’s vision and the way he had envisaged the project

So far you have done mainly light-hearted entertainers. This film is again a romantic comedy. Is this genre more up your alley?

Yes. That’s the reason I can connect very easily with Punit – because we have the same sense of humour that is very urban and subtle. Actually, Punit wanted Saif to work in this movie too, but that did not work out. I think Punit understands my style as an actor and I understand him as a director. I know exactly what he wants, so I can deliver quicker.

Imran khan interview

 
Did you enjoy working with Kareena again?

People have appreciated our chemistry in Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu. About chemistry, I have a rule- you can’t create it. It’s either there or it isn’t. I believe as an actor if you have to have chemistry with someone, it has to be with Kareena Kapoor!

If Imran Khan has to judge himself in terms of his craft and his achievements, where is he today?

I believe acting is like exercising. The more often you do it, the more comfortable you feel. You can’t do a full a split straightaway. Karte karte ho jaata hain. I am happy with personal growth and I am happy with what I have learned so far, but I am not satisfied. I feel more confident now. I know what I am doing now more than ever before. Initially, so many things would overwhelm me. You need to know where the camera is. You need to where you are supposed to stand and how much you can afford to move, so that you don’t go out of the frame. With more films, you are at ease.

Would it be correct to say that Imran Khan enjoys doing only romantic comedies, considering the choices you have made and your movies that have received a positive response?

Oh yes, comedy is my forte. More than romance, I think comedy works better for me, because I am not a romantic person in real life.

Does having one more male actor alongside help you improvise?

Oh yes. I had so much fun working with Akshay Kumar in Once Upon A time in Mumbai Dobaaraa. In Delhi Belly there were Kunal Roy Kapoor and Vir Das. In Mere Brother Ki Dulhan I worked with Ali Zafar. Working with boys is fun, because girls take more time to get ready for the shot. Their hair, makeup and costumes have to look prim and proper, but with boys it is different. You can pack your bags soon and go home quickly.

After Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, what next?

My next film is Bhavesh Joshi, which will be directed by Vikramaditya Motwane. He is still finishing his screenplay and we hope that we will start shooting by January or February next year. It’s a story of a rebel. It is not a superhero film or science fiction, as wrongly reported. There’s nothing supernatural about the film.

Aamir Khan’s Dhoom: 3 is making all the right noises. What’s your take on the trailer and the film?

The trailer looks mind blowing. Without a shadow of a doubt it’s the best action movie coming out of India.

Source : Bollywood Life

No comments:

Post a Comment